Here are a few other tips to help you make the most of your Halloween decorating.
1. Have lots of help – if you’re like us, you have a ton of decorations that all have to move from storage to the front yard. Having lots of helpful hands makes a big difference!
PRO TIP – If you or one of your kids has a Gator, it sure saves a lot of steps!
2. Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins – real, fake, blow up – doesn’t matter. Halloween is pumpkin time and as far as I’m concerned, the more the merrier!
3. Colour scheme – I know the obvious choice here is black and orange, but don’t be afraid to mix in some other Fall colours as well – deep yellows, tans and dark green help to make all of the traditional Halloween colours pop.
4. Lights – A daytime display is great, but a night display is “spooktacular”!! Be sure to have plenty of lights to light up not just your pumpkin, but your entire front yard display. Spot lights, a string of lights, little twinkle lights all add to the ambiance you are creating!
5. Treats – Ok this one isn’t really a yard prep tip – or is it? Someone has to test all of those delicious chocolate bars, chips and other snacks. It might as well be you while you are decorating. Just remember you are doing it for the kids! You wouldn’t want them to get a bad tasting treat on Halloween! Since, we’re talking treats, here is a recipe for some delicious Candy Corn Cupcakes that the kids in your life will thank you for! Give it a try.