How to Keep Your Halloween Decorations Organized
At Guarantee Maid Services, we love Halloween! But when it comes to decorations, it can be a challenge to keep them all organized. Putting your decorations away properly at the end of each holiday can save SO much time when you bring them out next year! Today I’m sharing seven tips on how to keep your Halloween decorations organized.
1. Dedicate some time to organizing.
Set aside an hour or two after the holiday is over. Use this time to sort through your Halloween decorations and get them ready to be put back in storage. This is also a great opportunity to purge decorations that you aren’t loving anymore or are worn out.
2. Use plastic storage bins.
We keep most of our decorations in plastic bins or other boxes. Not only will you be able to keep your decorations together, but bins are a huge space saver since they can stack or get tucked away on a shelf. Just make sure that you put the heavier bins on the bottom. Clear plastic bins are the most effective as they allow you to see the contents of each bin from the outside and will also protect the decorations. Click here to see some of the best storage bins.
3. Group your decorations by room.
It can be hard to remember where you set up your decorations last year! Prevent this by grouping your decorations by room when you store them in your bins. Keep the living room decorations together in the same bin, the kitchen decorations together, and so on.
4. Write a content list for each bin.
As you are putting your bins away, write down the contents of each of them. Place the paper at the top of the bin so it is easy to find what you are looking for next time. This step can be especially helpful if you don’t have clear plastic bins.
5. Label the outside of each bin.
Putting a label directly on the outside of the bin will make life so much easier when you are trying to find your decorations next year. Clearly label the sides and top of the bin so that you know what the bin contains. Click here for some creative label ideas.
6. Use bubble wrap.
Using bubble wrap to protect breakable items will ensure that your decorations stay in great condition. There is nothing worse than finding that one of your favorite decorations have been damaged due to poor wrapping.
7. Use a shed or garage for larger outdoor decorations.
Outdoor decorations can be cleaned and stored in a shed or garage. Storing your outdoor items in a different space also helps separate your outdoor and indoor items. The same rules apply here to outdoor decorations! If they are smaller outdoor items, keep them organized in labelled bins. Here are some tips for keeping your shed organized.
Want more time to enjoy the holidays? Let Guarantee Maid Services give you your weekends back by helping with your cleaning and organization needs. Call us today at 225-756-3900 or click here to get a quote so you can clean less and enjoy the holidays more!
Spider Hot Chocolate Toppers
- 6 Marshmallows
- 48 Pretzel Sticks
- 1 Cup of White Chocolate, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon of Coconut Oil
- 18 Candy Eyes
- Hot Chocolate, for serving
- Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, microwave white chocolate in 30-second intervals on low until completely melted.
- Dip 8 pretzels in the white chocolate and place on a baking sheet like spiders’ legs, four on each side and meeting in the middle. Take one side of the marshmallow and dip it in the white chocolate. Place your three candy eyes in a line, using the white chocolate as glue. Next, dip the bottom of a marshmallow in the white chocolate and press into the pretzels where all of their ends meet, joining them. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients. Place in the freezer to harden, 5-10 minutes.
- Once hardened, remove from the freezer. Serve, with hot chocolate, if desired.